Wednesday, September 13, 2006

7th Edition - 9/13/06

  • NHL

This is the first ... and last time that hockey will lead the day. Consider that my stone cold lock of the year. Anyway, Rick DiPietro is now a New York Islanders for the next 1.5 decades. The goalie signed a 15-year deal worth $67.5 million. This means I could root for the same player on the same team until I'm in my mid 40's. I won't, because I don't root for hockey (players or teams) but I could.

  • Baseball

Hideki Matsui has been injured since May 11. Last night, in his first game back, he went 4-4. You got to love that, even if you hate the Yankees. But overshadowed by Matsui's performance was his new teammate Bobby Abreu. Abreu had 7 RBI, six in the first inning. Also, he hit it to the warning tracks in the 4th inning, just missing a grand slam.
The Cubs had six of something last night also, but it wasn't RBI in an inning. It was errors in the game. Yet somehow they managed to beat the Dodgers.

  • Basketball

Toni Kukoc is probably going to retire. Teams are interested, but he wants to stay close to home, which means Chicago or Milwaukee are his only choices. Neither team has made an offer. When Scottie Pippen would rub me the wrong way, I used to imagine I was a right-handed Kukoc on the court. Tall, skinny, white and a good left hand, Kukoc is often forgotten when you talk about the Bulls dynasty. He shouldn't be. Here's 13 seconds of magic for you kids.

  • Football (And self-promotion)

"Gridiron Gang" is a new football film starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I sat down with him to talk about the film and football. Click here -- First link on the top.

No comments: