Monday, May 14, 2007

145th Edition - 5/15/07

  • Saturday Night Live: It's all me
So Molly Shannon hosted ... and on my previous post I wrote about interviewing her and discussing four ideas for sketches ... two of them happened.

The first was Jeannie Darcy (Molly Shannon), an awful stand-up comedian who was on during the Weekend Update section. This was a character I knew mainly because of Shannon's DVD (it was on the extras I think). Anyway, I praised that character during my interview with her and asked her to do it. Perhaps that is the reason it happened. It was a very small character of hers (compared with Sally O'Mally and Mary Catherine Gallagher) and I like to think I had something to do with it.
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/#cat=new&sec=1a&mea=103581

The next sketch was hyper-active Katlin (Amy Poehler). This is all me. The character hasn't been done all season (with the absence of RICK RICK RICK - Horatio Sanz). I begged for this character to come back with Molly Shannon adding herself into the mix somehow (ended up being her mom).
That's all. I'm happy.

For the season: 11-8 (guaranteed to finish over .500)

Funny: John C. Reily, Hugh Laurie, Alec Baldwin, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Justin Timberlake, Jake Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore, Rainn Wilson, Shia LaBeuof, Molly Shannon

Not Funny: Dane Cook, Jaime Pressly, Matthew Fox, Annette Bening, Jeremy Piven, Forest Whitaker, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Scarlett Johanssen
  • Bulls win
If only, that's what we can be talking about when the Bulls play the Pistons on Tuesday night. If only the Bulls could have won after having a 19 point lead in Game 3. I am not confident this roller coaster is going to continue.
  • Stuff

*Officially, "Studio 60" is done. Not coming back next eyar. But "Scrubs" is coming back.

No comments: