Friday, February 09, 2007

96th Edition - 2/9/07

  • NFL: The weekend
Here comes the weekend, and that can only mean one thing ... FOOTBALL! Oh wait, it's only the Pro Bowl ... that really doesn't count. Hmmm, not much else to talk about, so let's look back on the Super Bowl one last time.

Now we can look back foundly, and not get irate that the Bears blew a chance to beat a Colts team that will probably get better, and an NFC that will probably get better ... dear god this better not have been our one chance ... anywho, my friend Mark went to Miami to attend Super Bowl XLI. Here's an insanely quick sum up from him about the entire experience...

In case you did not know, the Bears did not win the Superbowl last Sunday. I was there, it was painful. But, overall the weekend was fantastic.
If you are an avid NFL fan, I highly recommend going to the Super Bowl city, even if you are not going to the game. South Beach was a huge party, and was dominated by Bears fans as well. The game was disappointing, but it was incredible to watch live.
The stadium was great, the seats were solid and we had a perfect view of the action even though they were in the upper-deck.
It rained, but it was not cold, so it wasn't that bad (other than my camera getting ruined and my phone malfunctioning for about 24 hours). I hope we can make it next year so I can repeat the trip, I hear it does not rain as much in the desert, and they have a retractable roof in Glendale anyway.


But that's not all, he included pictures ...




Mark and his friend A.J. blending in - I'm not a fan of jersey's but how can you go wrong with Fencik and Payton (the answer is you can't).

The view from their seats. I am amazed at how far jumbo-trons have come at stadiums.














Prince was my third favortie part of the game.
1. Devin Hester returning the opening kickoff.
2. Grossman squeezing in a pass to Muhammad to make it 14-6.


  • Stuff

*Anna Nicole Smith is dead. The 8th grader who remembers her as a Guess Jeans model isn't ready to talk about the loss yet.

*I get to watch "The Office," "Scrubs," and "Grey's Anatomy" tonight and am WAY to excited about it.

*If you are going to bet on the Pro Bowl, take the NFC (+4) and the under (64.5)

*I never game Mike D or Billy Z their proper due for beating me with the NFL and NCAA picks this year. Just saying.

*Peter Krause ("Six Feet Under") has signed on as the lead in ABC's drama pilot "Dirty Sexy Money."

No comments: