Monday, February 12, 2007

97th Edition - 2/12/07

  • Blatant Self-Promotion

They are here ...

Beep's Scorecard Movie Awards (formally known as "The j Awards")

Register, Vote, and Forward it Along. Plus you can actually win prizes this year.

  • The Pro Bowl

It doesn't matter. Really it doesn't. But I really thought the game was going to be played on Sunday. I would have made my bet Sunday morning while watching "SNL." But no, suddenly I am confronted with an image of Devin Hester returning a kickoff in a hideous uniform. It couldn't be a highlight, it had to be the Pro Bowl. And of course that meant the NFC would cover and the under would hit. I could have retired ... bought a new car ... bought my fiancee that ring ... taken her out to dinner on Valentine's Day ... or maybe I would have just had a little more money to gamble next time. Ah, Gamblor (the God of Gambling) you have bested me again. But luckily, I won't give up.

  • NBA: I actually watched

Nothing like an NBA tripleheader to make you start realizing the NFL is finally over. Kobe vs. LeBron was good, though King James looks like he is just coasting right now. And the Bulls finished their seven game road trip with a record of 3-4 because they beat the Nashless Suns. One other thing that happens when you watch an NBA tripleheader, you start thinking "It's not about the hat," is one of the funniest lines ever. Thanks, Sir Charles.

  • Saturday Night Live

Too much music. Forrest Whitaker broke into song about three times too many. There was some potential with the Man vs. Beast, but Whitaker is an awkward man, a great actor, but an awkward man.

For the season: 7-6

Funny: John C. Reily, Hugh Laurie, Alec Baldwin, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Justin Timberlake, Jake Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore
Not Funny: Dane Cook, Jaime Pressly, Matthew Fox, Annette Bening, Jeremy Piven, Forest Whitaker

No comments: