Tuesday, January 30, 2007

90th Edition - 1/30/07

  • Forecast: Hazy

I'm not talking about the weather. It's my brain. After about 112 hours in Las Vegas and 16 hours of sleep, I'm back. My pocket is lighter but only because of expenses, I broke even in the gambling department. And the way I broke even? Making a two-game parlay on the only available NBA and college basketball games late Sunday night. Didn't even know I won until the next morning.

Craps and poker are now going to be my Vegas games 80 percent of the time, with black jack making up the remainder. For those that know craps (it was my first time), I rolled at a table for 30 minutes straight. People were happy. I was happy. Las Vegas is a great place (this time).

And our ultimate frisbee team (ihurt - Iowa Hawkeye Ultimate Reunion Team) finished 8th out of 20, going 3-2 and being content with how we played.

  • Amazing: Sports

*Roger Federer is the Tiger Woods of tennis. Because of my friend John, a die-hard Federer fan, we watched the final match at a ... gentleman's establishment. Federer is just too good. He dropped something like four points in the final two sets on his serve ... I still want them to go back to wooden rackets.

*Tiger Woods is the Roger Federer of golf. He won the Buick again and also recorded his 7th straight win on the PGA tour. Second best streak of all-time.

*The Suns finally stopped winning every single game. The Timberwolves beat them last night to stop the 17-game win streak. They are 33-2 in their last 34 games.

  • WSOPC: Friday

Happy Fun Ball (John, Kenzie and me) will be auditioning for the World Series of Pop Culture on Friday morning. If it was today, I would be saying, "It's on the tip on my tongue," every single question. Now, I'll probably just say it every third time.

  • Stuff

*I get home at 11 p.m. last night, and decide to watch the SAG awards from my Tivo. "Little Miss Sunshine" won for best overall cast. It might be gaining speed for an Oscar run. I still can't believe "The Departed" isn't winning everything.

*Want to buy a t-shirt for charity designed by Rilo Kiley, Stars, or others? click here

*Indiana Jones starts production in June.

No comments: