Saturday, October 28, 2006

38th Edition - 10/28/06

My first ever Saturday post. It has nothing to do with the excitment of the Cardinals besting the Tigers in the World Series. I was busy yesterday. I am sorry. Work got the best of me. Though if I told you what my work was, I don't think I'll get your sympathy. I had to interview Will Smith and then go so "A Good Year" and "Perfume." Yup, that's work.

  • The Series: Thanks for nothing

After getting the Red Sox and White Sox the last two years, maybe we got spoiled with a Series that had meaning, that will stand the test of time.
Cardinals 4, Tigers 2
Cardinals win the series 4-1

Congrats Cards fans. With 83 wins in the regualar season, you are the best team in baseball. You beat the Padres, then the Mets (with injuries) and Tigers (with errors) beat themselves. The 2006 Cardinals have the destinction of being the worst team ever to win the World Series, which is actually kind of cool.

  • The Picks
I'm getting my picks in just in time. Since I am betting Saturday morning the line might have shifted from what you have.

j NCAA:
Northwestern (+29.5) over Michigan
Illinois (+22) over Wisconsin

j NFL:
Buccaneers (+9) over Giants
49ers (+16) over Bears
Rams (+9.5) over Chargers
Jets (+1.5) over Browns
  • SNL
Hugh Laurie and Beck on SNL tonight. Let's see if they can go .500 on funny shows this season.

No comments: