Friday, June 08, 2007

152nd Edition - 6/8/07

152 = The Post-Hardcore band Taking Back Sunday also have a use for the number 152. It appears on the cover of all their albums (most notably Tell All Your Friends), as it was the number of the turn off lead singer Adam Lazzara took on the way to/back from concerts for refreshments and a rest. The number appears in the forms of:
Tell All Your Friends:Picture of the road turning.
Where You Want To Be:The sign states 152 miles.
Louder Now:$1.52 entrance charge.

  • MLB: Almost ...
Curt Schilling was one out away from a no-hitter. He shook off the sign from Jason Varitek, and chose to throw a fast ball away instead of a splitter. It was a single to right field. ONE OUT AWAY! This is the reason I don't play professional baseball, I just couldn't get over it. I would desperately be looking for the reset-button. In fact, I have taken a no-hitter in the ninth four times in fake life (video games), yet I have never done it ... So I guess I know exactly how Schilling feels.
  • NBA Finals: Not Close ...
You didn't actually convince yourself the Cavs had a chance did you? LeBron didn't have a FG in the first half, and they were down by only five ... But more importantly the score was 40-35, this is why no one likes the Spurs, they actually use logic and skill to use the best strategy to kill their opponents.
The truth is, the Cavs would have been equal to the Lakers in the West. Maybe we get one great LeBron game from the series.
  • Cubs: Here we go again
The Cubs have won 4 out of 5 and are putting together a nice little run. Rich Hill struck out 11 last night, winning 2-1. Such a tease. They are 6 games back, but 6 games under .500.

They also picked Jason Vitters third in the draft ... I don't know what that means either.
  • Stuff
*My Movie Reviews
"Ocean's Thirteen"
"Surf's Up"


*Isiah Washington - Dr. Burke - is not coming back on "Grey's Anatomy." I like his character, but clearly people on the set had problems with him. Remember, he's the guy who wanted to tussle with Jennifer Lopez on "Out of Sight."

*"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" comes out on DVD (both Season 1 & 2) September 4. This was mainly written for my North Carolina crowd.

*Joy Division sneakers - A pair of sneakers inspired by Joy Division are set for production. The manufacturer, New Balance, is awaiting final clearance on making the shoes, which are based on the artwork to the band's landmark 1979 album Unknown Pleasures. This is mainly written for my Atlanta crowd.

*And finally ... I'm looking forward to suing.
read this story
then read my article

No comments: