Sunday, June 03, 2007

151st Edition - 6/4/07

  • Cubs: Summer has begun
The Cubs area roller coaster/soap opera ... and I still have hope as they head into a three-game series against the division leading Brewers.

My dream scenario is a Carlos Zambrano for Alex Rodriguez trade (along with other names). After Zambrano lost control because Michael Barrett is a better hitter than catcher (everyone should know this by now), and tried to fight Barrett in the dug out and then succeeded fighting Barrett in the clubhouse (two black eyes and a cut lip) ... wow that sentence was as big a train wreck as the club.

Also, Lou Pinella has a huge rant on Saturday and gets kicked out, suspended indefinitely (until the meeting on Monday). I love the arguing as an amusement, but one of the most idiotic traditions continues at Wrigley ... when annoyed, fans in the bleachers throw trash on the field and delay the game. I don't believe in the death penalty, but the fans that do this have me rethinking. Ohbytheway -- anybody else notice Ozzie Guillen got kicked out of Sunday's White Sox game? Poor guy is just sniffing Pinella's fumes.

Top all this off by the Cubs winning 10-1 and I find myself right back on the bandwagon. So sad.
  • Stuff
MTV Movie Awards thoughts:
*Those yahoo movie trailer spoofs were awful. Almost as bad as Dane Cook introducing them. It reminded me of the sketching during "Studio 60" -- how can there be such little talent in the world?
*Will Ferrell and Sacha Baron Cohen are comic gold and I bet most people thought Cohen was doing an accent.
*Jack Nicholson is an icon and therefore I will let whatever that was slide.
*Is constant swearing (and getting bleeped) really that cool? If I ever form a band and perform in a large venue, I can't wait to drop the F-bomb so people will worship me.
*Wow, did you hear Jerry Bruckheimer tell Johnny Depp to thank the writers when they won for best movie? HI-larious.

Box Office Review
1. Pirates: $43 (down a bunch)
2. Knocked Up: $29
3. Shrek: $26
I understand that everyone needs to see the blockbuster, just make sure you make time for "Knocked Up." It's off to a good start.

Also - think "Pirates" didn't make much sense (I agree). The screenwriters attempt to explain themselves - click to read

No comments: