Monday, March 26, 2007

123rd Edition - 3/26/07

123 - a pretty creepy looking Web site - http://123.org/.

  • NCAA Tournament: I'm not dead yet...

First off, just an amazing comeback by Georgetown. North Carolina was nailing their free-throws, but nothing else. They were 1 for 23 from the field over the last 15 minutes of the game. And I loved every minute of this simply because I had Georgetown over North Carolina in my bracket ... a brack I had left for dead, which was terribly wrong of me ... by the way Mike D - how did that feel? You still going to try and find a North Carolina National Championship hat?

I have 3 of 4 teams left, and though I can't win, when Florida meets Ohio State in the championship, I will finish in the top 5 and respectability will be MINE!!! Plus, I've seen the prize and I'm kind of glad I am not winning.

The driver's seat belongs to Andrew Edwards (AE, bad shoulder, Elijah's little brother, UFC Fan, Sondre Lerche fan). Later this week I will crank up the senario generator and get WAY too involved in over-analysis.

  • NCAA Tournament: The Final Four

Georgetown vs. Ohio State. Florida vs. UCLA. Big men are the key to three of these teams.

  • Quick Hits

*Kobe Bryant is off his game, only getting 43 points last night, and ending his streak of 50-point games are 4. Let the embarrassing comparisons to Ricky Davis begin, this guy has clearly lost a step.

*Tiger Woods is good. He won at Doral for the sixth time. Again, logic says to take him against the field for the Masters.

*Joe Thiesmann is gone on Monday Night Football. In all likihood, Ron Jaworski will replace him.

*Anthony Adams is a Bear. The DT from the San Francisco 49ers just signed with the Bears for 4 years. ESPN.com had him ranked 25 on the list of free-agent veterans. Until he plays I really have no feelings about this. Though I do like that Tank Johnson can now rest comfortably in jail, knowing his position is taken care of.

  • Stuff

*I haven't finished watching Peyton Manning on SNL, but so far, it looks like a thumbs up. The United Way commercial was just amazing. Click here to watch

*Monday Box Office
1. TMNT - $25 million - the top three seem about right. Lots of action at the box-office.
2. 300 - $20
3. Shooter - $14 - I gave it a C-, but I am starting to think I want to watch it again ... so I can laugh at it.
4. Wild Hogs - $14 - if you people make me go see a sequel I will KILL. Stop spending money on this movie!
5. The Last Mimzy -$10

*Premiere Magazine just released their list of the best 25 movie posters of all time. And only "Silence of the Lambs" came out in my lifetime. Click here to read

No comments: