Friday, August 03, 2007

158th Edition - 8/3/07

So, I've golfed twice recently, and both times I shot a nine on a hole ... yet I continue to play.

  • Cubs: Losing and still winning
For the first time all season, the Cubs lost a game AND remained in first place. Sure they are timed with the Brewers, but still it's something.

And today marks the BIG GULP for the Cubs this season. A man by the name of Kerry Wood is off the DL and in the bullpen. I like the nickname Big Gulp for him. Though I did hear he's lost close to 40 pounds. Perhaps it's a 'to be continued'
  • You know what? That's it.
I could talk about Barry Bonds not hitting no. 755, or A-Rod not hitting 500, but who cares? They will eventually.
Bill Simmons sums up the summer quite nicely ...
Welcome to the summer of discontent
  • Stuff

    *I still like movies. And here are two new reviews to prove it ...
Stuff I Wrote

*Andy Samberg is a part of "Awesometown" - a failed 2005 pilot. The power of the Internet commands you to watch - click to watch

*A long time ago I passed on Lollapalooza tickets. I have some friends going, but I didn't like the idea of standing in the heat all weekend. And the forecast IS ... 95 and sunny. And now, if I really want to, I can watch Lolla from here ... click to watch

No comments: