Wednesday, August 01, 2007

156th Edition - 8/1/07

Here I go, here I go, here I go again (now imagine a guitar just kicked in)

  • Things we missed ...
Vick likes animals (but not in a good way), Sergio almost becomes the best golfer not to win a major who almost wins a major, an NBA ref makes David Stern realize he might not be the only one to control who wins the games, Devin Hester is the best wide receiver ever for the Bears, and Kevin McHale decides to make the Celtics relevant again (by giving them Garnett).

That's it, that's the whole list of July events ... oh wait, there's one more thing ...
  • cubs, Cubs, CUbs, CUBs, CUBS!
Yes, that's right, I am feeling confident and comfortable with the Cubs these days, and why not? They are sitting 1 game behind the Brewers, who have lost 9 of 13. It's just a matter of time before they are in first. Then Kerry Wood can come back and seal the deal ... I just threw up a little in my mouth.
  • Bulls
Well, it looks the four final teams in the Eastern Conference Playoffs will be the Heat, Cavs, Bulls and now the Celtics thanks to Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. As an NBA fan, I'm excited, but this does hurt the chances of the Bulls getting another championship ... perhaps someone should make the Kobe call ...
  • Who is more NOW?
Yes, July is a slow sports month, but ESPN has made Sportscenter a NIGHTMARE because of the whole, who's more NOW. Luckily, it looks like ESPN News is doing a great job of being Sportscenter from 10 years ago. I have made the switch, and I'm feeling fine.
  • Stuff
If I owned a jail, this is exactly what I would have done. Luckily, now I don't need to go down that road - click here to watch the best remake of a video by an entire jail.

Kayne West gets together with Zach Galifianakis and makes a video. It's not enjoyable, just addictive - click here to watch.

No comments: