Wednesday, June 20, 2007

154th Edition - 6/20/07

154 - before 1961, 154 was the number of games in an MLB season.

  • Bye, Bye, Bye Barrett
Well, it appears I don't know as much as I think I do ... Michael Barrett was the problem, not Carlos Zambrano. After getting into a fight with Zambrano, exchanging words with Hill and playing his worst defense ever (which is saying a lot), Barrett is no longer a Cub.
He's been traded to the Padres for backup catcher Rob Bowen and a minor-league outfielder. In other words, they dumped him. It will be interesting to see if Barrett catches for Maddux. While teammates, Maddux was the only one in the rotation who didn't want Barrett to catch for him.
  • And Bye, Bye for me as well...
Tonight I leave for the beginning of my bachelor party. Golf, basketball, slosh ball, dodgeball, softball and disc golf are all on the schedule. There will be 21 guys in attendance and we're taking over my parent's house. Hopefully a friend will document the event, I might not be sober enough.
(You, as an avid reader of the Daily Score, won't notice I'm gone at all since I haven't been writing much lately)
  • Bulls: Come here Kobe
Yes, I want Kobe Bryant on the team. Ben Gordon and others can hopefully be enough.
  • Stuff
*My interview with Bruce Willis.

No comments: