Friday, April 06, 2007

132nd Edition - 4/06/07

132 - When counting in binary with fingers, expressing 132 as 0010000100 results in the isolation of the middle fingers of each hand, a gesture generally considered rude. The corresponding one-handed gesture is the representation of 4 ... I have no idea what this means, but I believe I just insulted computer geeks everywhere.

  • Blatant Self-Promotion

Movie Review
"Grindhouse"

  • BEST lazy WEEKEND EVER!

If there is a god, clearly he likes laying on the couch, sipping a beer or two, eating some chips, having the remote in one hand and the other tucked just under his belt ... I'm talking about the best lazy sports weekend of the year.

The Reasons:
1. Baseball is in full swing for the first weekend of the year. The games don't matter (still 158 to go) but you still get to check out your team and take in the new faces.

2. A tradition, unlike an other ... It's the Masters on CBS

3. Random NBA game that might matter but you don't have to start watching until the 4th quarter.

4. If your name is Mark, then you are probably spending most of the weekend gearing up for the NFL draft ... The Chicago Bears ... are on the CLOCK.

  • The Masters: seriously, it's unlike anything

I was talking to a friend last night and both of us decided golf is the one sport that you really don't need/want the underdog coming through. Does anyone really want to see an unknown put on the green jacket Sunday afternoon? I want Tiger (4 shots off the lead at +1) and Phil (+4 after the first day) ... so maybe I want Sergio. So, in other words Brett Wetterich, you need to stop playing well right now.

  • Cubs: too early

It's still too early to get addicted to the Cubs (1-2). But that will probably end after this weekend. Expect a Monday feature on the Cubs every week.

  • Quick Hits

*Texas A&M coach Billy Gillispie is the man the Kentucky Wildcats will introduce as the head coach. I'm glad I can stop attacking like I cared about this story. I am one of the few that doesn't need Kentucky to be good to enjoy College Basketball.

*Daisuke Matsuzaka (Dice-K from now on) won his first game of the season for the Red Sox. Struck out ten.

*With Gilbert Arenas out for the season with a knee ... now I wish the Bulls would play the Wizards in the first round, whether it meant home court or not.

  • Stuff

*I just wanted to thank "The Office" for coming back. I missed you so much. And I could listen to Dwight talk about heroes all day.

*Want to go to a summer festival? Rolling Stone is here to help - click here

*There is a new album of Joni Mitchell covers. You can listen to the original and the cover. Artists include Sufjan Stevens and Prince. click here

No comments: