Monday, April 02, 2007

128th Edition - 4/02/07

128 - The total points scored in the Ohio State vs. Georgetown game ... plus one.

  • Chicago Cubs - Opening Day!

Do you know what's better than opening day? Opening day and sitting in first place, with the Cardinals in last place. Yes, the St. Louis Cardinals are off to a disastrous start, losing last night to the Mets. Sure, the Cubs are tied with four other teams in the division for first, but at least the last place team is the Cardinals.

Hunches that will be wrong ... or maybe they'll be right --
Carlos Zambrano - 2nd place in Cy Young
Cubs - Division winner
Derrek Lee - 39 Home Runs
Aramis Ramierez - 47 Home Runs
Alfonso Soriano - 35 Home Runs, 39 Stolen Bases

  • *1st Annual The Daily Score NCAA Tournament Pick'em Competition Spectacular*

And then there were three ...

If Florida wins, AE wins.
If Ohio State wins, it's between my fiancee and DP. I finish 2nd or 6th (plus I win money in two other brackets if Florida wins ... not that office pools are legal)

Check back tomorrow to see the winner and the prize.

  • Quick Hits

*Final Four games = boring. The only reason I was excited was because I have both teams in the finals. Oden vs. Hibbard was about as lame as going to a hockey game.

*I went to a hockey game on Sunday. Blackhawks vs. Oilers. Actually, it was a good game with a Blackhawk scoring on a short-handed goal for a 2-1 win. Free tickets make close to anything good though, thanks to Bro for making it happen.

*Bulls lost in OT to the Cavs, so it looked like the #2 seed was slipping away. But then the Cavs lost to the Celtics, yes the same team that is desperately trying to lose every game they play. So the Bulls are still only .5 games out of 2nd place.

  • Stuff

*Box Office Recap
1. Blades of Glory - $33 - This seems about right. I gave it a C+, which in my opinion means - there are some laughs, not tons, only one time was I in tears. It would be a good renter.
2. Meet the Robinsons - $25 - I am convinced the reason it didn't do better is because the previews COULD NOT BE WORSE - it's a good animated film.
3. 300 - $11 - $180 total.
4. TMNT - $9
5. Wild Hogs - $8 - $135 total. Yup, I just threw up in my mouth ... which is actually funnier than anything that happened in this film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me put it out there that I won't be working as of May 1 and am therefore available to accompany anyone with tickets to day games at Wrigley. I'm an excellent conversationalist, know how to keep score, and have a Ryan Sandberg-autographed cap. Did I mention beer's on me?