Friday, February 23, 2007

103rd Edition - 2/23/07

  • Cubs: a virtual pain in the arse

Sorry for the delay. I have many very important things going on, and haven't had a chance to write until now (almost noon). The most important thing on my list? Attempting to buy Chicago Cubs tickets. I have now been in a virtual waiting room for two hours and 11 minutes. Yet I have not had one opportunity to buy tickets. What's insane is, I just want a couple late season (September) games. Everyone else is after Cubs/Sox, Cubs/Cardinals tickets. And so I wait...

  • Bulls: Wallace is amazing

I was hoping that I would get to write that headline a lot earlier than February. The Wallace I hoped for finally showed up last night against the Cleveland Cavaliers, and yes, the Bulls won.
His stat line: 14 points, 19 rebounds, 7 blocks, 5 assists.
I am now at the point where I just want him to stay healthy and then show up and give me these kinds of nights in the playoffs.

  • Quick Reads

Since I am intelligent enough to realize the extend of my talent ... Instead of talking about these things, I will just link to better writers than myself...

Bill Simmons on the death of Dennis Johnson

Scoop Jackson on Tim Hardaway

Jason Whitlock on the aftermath of the NBA All-Star Game

  • Stuff

Throughout the day, I will be updating Stuff I Wrote. There will be reviews of "The Astronaut Farmer" and "The Number 23," as well as an interview with Virginia Madsen.

Here is a link to a new debate -
Should the Oscars have a comedy category?
I said yes. click to read

Monday I will have a tons of Oscar talk. Deal with it ... Or be insanely excited, you decide.

There is talk that Jimmy Fallon might be replacing Conan O'Brien when Conan replaces Jay Leno.

Last day to vote on the Scorecard Movie Awards - results will be up on Monday.

No comments: