Monday, February 19, 2007

100th Edition - 2/19/07

  • Blatant Self-Promotion

Look, I can talk about things besides sports and movies, here is proof. I even interviewed professors ... to talk about Simon Cowell. click here to read

  • Blatant Self-Promotion: Part 2

Don't forget, I mainly write about sports and movies, which is why I created Beep's Scorecard Movie Awards. Voting ends this Friday. Look for final results on Monday the 26th, one day after the Academy Awards. click here to vote

  • Blatant Self-Promotion: Part 3

I will be reviewing movies on a more regular basis, so expect to see one to two full-length movie reviews on Fridays, starting with "The Astronaut Farmer" and "The Number 23." Also by the end of the week, my Billy Bob Thornton and Virginia Madsen interviews will be up.

  • Now on with the show: The NBA show

Kobe Bryant is your All-Star MVP. The West won 153-132.

Jason Kapono hit 24 3's in the final round to win the 3-Pt Contest easily.

Dwayne Wade once again hustled to victory in the Skills Challenge. He is the only elite guard in the league that always want to show up and play hard.

Gerald Green won the dunk competition, jumping literally AND figuratively over Nate Robinson.

Of all my predictions, only one came true, kind of - The Chicago team with Scottie Pippen won the Shooting Stars competition, but Ben Gordon went out of order, disqualifying them and giving Bill Lambier and Detriot the trophy.

  • Stuff

* I can't believe Willard Scott didn't call to wish me a happy 100. That is just ridiculous.

* If you follow any music blogs at all, PEEL is a must-have program, and it looks very similar to iTunes. click here

* Here is a full Arcade Fire concert - and a reason why NPR should always exist. click here to listen

No comments: