Wednesday, January 10, 2007

79th Edition - 1/10/07

  • The Weekly Bull (20-15)

They beat the Pistons last week. That's all that really matters. I'll just keep telling myself that as they went 1-3 in their last four games.

Ben Gordon has been hot, Kirk Hinrich is has not.

Ben Gordon: 20.8 ppg
Kirk Hinrich: 13.8 ppg (3-22 from the floor in the last two games)

  • The Big Ten: Worth Talking About

Wisconsin beat Ohio State in Madison last night 72-69. These two teams are the best chances for the NCAA title. Wisconsin has three senior starters and Ohio State has four freshmen that start.

The game turned out to be a good one, but Wisconsin had a comfortable double-digit lead until the end when Greg Oden had back-to-back dunks and eventually Jamar Butler missed a game-tying 3 at the buzzer.

I'm actually looking forward to getting into Big Ten basketball this year, mainly because I have zero expectations for the Iowa Hawkeyes ... though they are currently 1-0 in the conference.

  • Hall of Fame: Ripken and Gywnn

Those two are the only ones to make it into the Baseball Hall of Fame this year. I would have voted for them as well as Andre Dawson and Mark McGwire, though I only liked one of those men.

  • Stuff

I haven't told you this before, but I like music. Discovering a new band is even better than watching a great film, because you have that hope of more to come.

Well, I have discovered a new band.

The Format
album: Dog Problems
quick thoughts: they will remind you of your favortie indie bands, but not in a copying kind of way. Each song has layers of changing tempo.
best track: "Dog Problems"

And I have this blog to thank for discovering The Format.
http://iguessimfloating.blogspot.com/

I highly recommend checking them out, especially their December posts which include the Top 25 albums of the year.

** Mike Triplett, award winning journalist (don't know if that is true) will be with us tomorrow. Stay Tuned.

No comments: