Thursday, December 13, 2007

163rd Edition - 12/14/07

I have no idea how long this will last ... but let's get to it.

*I have nothing to talk about with the Iowa Hawkeye football or basketball team.

*The Mitchell Report came out yesterday. Clemens, Pettite, Tejada and Gagne are among those named. It's good for Bonds to finally have company. Of course it should be noted, there is no proof that anyone took anything. People just say they did, or a check shows they paid for it. I assume there are more people out there, some that will never be named. The only thing that should matter is future testing. Unless of course you have always hated Roger Clemens and now you finally feel like you have a good reason to continue the hatred.

*The writers' strike should start killing you. This is what will happen, you'll be busy with the holidays fast approaching. You'll forget about TV for a while. Then, after the Bowl Games are over you'll begin to realize you haven't seen a new episode of "The Office" for 2.5 months. It won't be a good feeling. Start managing your Netflix Queue. I recommend "Freak & Geeks," "Weeds," "The Wire," and "Rescue Me."

**I voted for the CFCA (Chicago Film Critics' Association) Awards for the first time this year.
Here is a list of the winners.
Of the winners, there were seven that also received my vote:
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY – Diablo Cody for" Juno"
BEST ACTRESS – Ellen Page for "Juno"
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR – Javier Bardem for "No Country for Old Men"
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova for "Once"
BEST DOCUMENTARY – "Sicko"
MOST PROMISING PERFORMER – Michael Cera for "Juno" and "Superbad"
MOST PROMISING FILMMAKER – Ben Affleck for "Gone Baby Gone"

*The Golden Globe nominations are out. Here's the list ...
I will talk about who I think should win later.

And don't forget -- STUFF I WROTE -- lists all of my latest film reviews, articles and interviews. There should be much more coming soon.

No comments: