Wednesday, March 07, 2007

110th Edition - 3/07/07

110 - The correct percentage to give if you truly want to win.

  • Special Guest - Mike Denardis

He's the man behind the beating I received in NFL picks this past year. Mike has also decided to move to North Carolina. Things I'll miss about Mike ... drinking with Mike. Hmmm, shorter list than I was thinking it would be. Anyway, he's here to talk sports, so let's get on with it.

BEARS! BULLS!


Wow 11:00 already, boy time flies when you wake-up at 10:30. A couple items on my mind involve the Chicago sports teams.First off, I got into a debate last night about placing the "franchise tag" on a player in the NFL.
I specifically remember Seattle doing it multiple years with tackle Walter Jones, but a cohort thought that you had to have an existing contract.
Well, it turns out you can franchise a free agent for year after year. So, I don't think Lance Briggs is going anywhere.
I think the trade demand was a ploy because his agent, the oh-so slimy Drew Rosenhaus, knows we can franchise him year after year. Of course, he can hold-out, but he would just be affecting his own value in the market and have to pay to get paid eventually.
Another part of the situation I find funny is that maybe the Bear's traded Thomas Jones to free up a little space and re-open negotiations with Briggs.
So, maybe Briggs should have kept his mouth shut for a little longer and everything would have been fine.

....I love watching this Bulls team. I know it can be like watching a tragic play at times, but I don't care. At this point, I don't want a low post scorer (unless via draft.) I don't want Garnett if we have to give up Deng or Gordon.
I want this team to grow together. If you've watched the Bulls this season, you can see the growth in Deng and Gordon.
Give Deng another summer to develop a low post game to go with his slashing and sweet 18 footer and nobody will be talking about Gasol or an aging Garnett.
And Gordon has already found the consistency he lacked the last couple of seasons. He's already one of the league's best jump shooters and what is he 23?
The fault of the Bulls in the rebuilding era is giving up on pieces before they've matured as players.
We know this list: Elton Brand, Ron Artest, Brad Miller, Tyson Chandler, Eddie Curry. I don't fault John Paxson for giving up on Chandler or Curry, but if you trade Deng or Gordon now, we're going to watch one or two pieces light us up for years.

No comments: